There are many ways to gain more followers on Twitter. The five I will share with you are some of the most effective techniques we use in our Social Media Marketing/Management Services. At Cathy’s Office Services, you may choose any or all strategies below when creating your customized plan..
- Organize a Contest: Everyone likes to get free stuff! Give aways are a very good strategy to use when trying to get your brand noticed. Check out the Twitter Guidelines before starting your contest.
- Connect your blog with your other social media accounts especially Twitter: Create an account on ping.fm and you will be able to connect many of your accounts together. Post onto ping.fm and it will send the post to all your social media accounts ( Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Yahoo, etc.) automatically which saves you a lot of time.
- Engage in conversations: In order to succeed on Twitter you need to socialize with your followers by responding to their tweets, mentions, DMs, and RTs, preferably in real time. The easiest way to do this is to add an app to your cellphone and answer as you receive them. There are many excellent Twitter apps available such as Seesmic, TweetCaster, etc. They are very convenient and most are free.
- Tweet often: Don’t become a nuisance but do tweet often. I’d say tweet about every 20 minutes or so. Tweeting more often than that will become annoying and may cause you to lose followers.
- Ask Questions: Search through Twitter for tweets in your niche by using http://search.twitter.com and ask questions to start conversations. Show your expertise in your particular niche by responding intelligently. This will draw attention to you and your brand. When you are known as an expert you are constantly gaining new followers.
Cathy’s Office Services has successfully helped businesses gain followers on a consistent basis and we can help you too. Contact our office at email@example.com today, if you are interested in seeing how we can help grow your business. Learn how our Social Media Marketing/Management Services can increase sales and build your brand.