1. Submit site – Most search engine directories are free. Submitting your site to as many search engines as you can will increase your chances of being listed higher on popular ones such as Google.
2. Update Often – Keep your readers wanting more. Be creative with your content and keep it fresh. Search engines rank sites with fresh content higher. The higher the rank the more traffic.
3. Let the World Know – After you create your blogs or add new content to your site, post your link everywhere. Go onto forums or blogs related to your content, post a comment and add your website link. Your social networking sites should also have links to your new content. Which leads me to #4.
4. Social Networking – Join social media networking sites. Get your name out there. The more friends you have the better your chances you have of succeeding. Just remember to maintain your social profile pages, don’t just join and forget about it. That’s bad for business. If you can’t maintain all your social networking sites you may want to consider hiring a Virtual Assistant to do it for you.
5. Keep it Simple – Everything on your site should be easily accessible. If your visitors get frustrated because they can’t find what they’re looking for they’re going to find another site which is easier to search and never use your site again. They may even go as far as telling their friends not to use your site.
6. Contact Info – Add a “Contact” link on every page in plain site which goes to a contact form where visitors can enter their concerns and click the submit button to send you an email. (Remember #5 – Simple)
7. Use Descriptive File Names – Be descriptive when naming your files, especially pictures and videos. It will make it easier for search engines to locate them on your site.
8. Reciprocal Links – Find similar websites and send a message to their webmasters asking if they’d like to reciprocate links. Doing so will help generate more traffic and improve your rank in search engines. The more reciprocal links you have the better.
9. Metatags – Using Metatags can increase the number of times your site shows up in search results. To choose the best keywords for your site you can do one of 3 things: 1. Think about how you would go about looking for a site similar to yours. What keywords would you Google? 2. Take a look at the Metatags used by your competitors who have a high ranking and use similar ones. 3. Google “free keyword suggestion tools” enter the keywords you would use on your site, if you find that the keyword you chose receives too many searches a day you should consider making your keywords longer. For example, lets say you have a MySpace Layout site. Instead of using MySpace Layouts as your keyword you should use a more detailed keyword such as Maltese Dog MySpace Layouts or Yellow and Blue MySpace Layouts.
10. Be Nice – A website is a business just like any other and what is the motto in businesses, ”The customer is ALWAYS right”. Treat everyone as a potential customer – with the utmost respect. Never argue or lose your temper. Answer their questions, help them when you can, and just be polite. You never know who’s going to need your services or refer you to a friend.
11. Blog, Blog, Blog – Creating articles relating to your website is a very effective way to get more traffic. There are many free blog sites that will be happy to host your articles. Blogger.com is one of the most popular and being that it is hosted by Google your content is indexed faster. Blogger is also fully integrated with Google Adwords so monetizing your blog is easy. WordPress is another great blog site, which I must say because I use it. lol But seriously WordPress is also very popular,
12. Add Widgets – Widgets can be educational, comical, fun, free, or helpful. Widgets are a great way to make your website more interactive. There are tons of free widget sites to choose from. Did I mention they’re free?
Maintaining a website is a lot of work, sometimes we need a little help. That’s when a Virtual Assistant is your best answer. They can be on top of that overflowing email account, publish your thoughts onto your site and link it back to your Twitter, upload those pictures you never got around to doing, answer your phones… all the things that eat away at your day.
Virtual Assistants work only when you need them. There’s no overhead, overtime, medical benefits, taxes, sick days, vacations, office equipment, or office space to worry about.
Virtual Assistants are small business owners who offer a variety of skills to other businesses at a fraction of the cost as opposed to a full-time in-house employee. They’re are well-trained and cost effective. Utilizing their services gives you more time to focus on your business. Use them as little or as much as you need. Think of them as your partner, striving for your success. The peace of mind that follows, knowing that your business is being run efficiently by experienced assistants allowing you to be able to reach out to new clients.
Contact us with all your questions. See how we can provide you with a myriad of support services via the internet at affordable prices.